New(-sh) Mama Support Group
A group for Moms experiencing Postpartum
Depression or Anxiety
While many women experience some mild mood changes or “the blues” during or after the birth of a child, 1 in 7 women experience more significant symptoms of depression or anxiety. 1 in 10 dads become depressed during the first year.
This group is right for you if one or more of the following are
true for you.
- You are feeling sad or depressed.
- You find it difficult to enjoy yourself.
- You feel more irritable or tense.
- You feel anxious or panicky.
- You are having difficulty bonding with your baby
- You feel as if you are "out of control" or "going
- You worry that you might hurt your baby or yourself.
You may never act on these thoughts or urges and they are still
signs that you should seek support.
You are not alone.
This group provides both:
- A safe space to share your authentic experience
- Tools and education to navigate this really difficult time
- A community of moms with similar experiences
We are here to support YOU.
We cover topics like:
- Exploring your new identity
- Parenting with your partner
- Healthy boundaries with in-laws
This groups runs in 8-week cycles on Thursdays from 10:00-11:30.
Call or email today to see if this group is right for you!
Who we are:
Katy Lonergan, Ph.D. is a Clinical Psychologist (PSY27926) in San Francisco with experience in infant mental health and supporting moms in new motherhood. Gottman Bringing Baby Home Educator. (415) 935-3827 www.drkatylonergan.com
Alexis Monnier, M.A. is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (#90681) in San Francisco specializing in couples and new parenthood. (415) 494-7804 www.alexismonniermft.com
www.postpartumsf.com | firstname.lastname@example.org